Travel story by- Mr Tusshar Gupta ( Lucknow)
Skydive Dubai is one of the best adrenaline experience in my life. Jumping from a plan is a life time experience, free fall from 13000 feet @ 120 miles per hour is unforgettable and the view is breathtaking. Everything was outstanding and professional from the check in to the safety briefing ,take off, the jump and the landing , my instructor was extremely friendly and well talented, a life time experience and highly recommended. In this blog I explained all detailed procedures involved.
How to reach?
Palm Drop zone: You can reach Palm dropzone either by metro or road. Take the red line metro from Burjuman and get down at Damac Properties Metro station. By road you can easily reach there by hiring a taxi it is near Palm Jumeriah.
Desert Drop zone is very far from the city, 35 Kms outside Dubai on Al-Ain Dubai road but taxis can take you there, and you can call for taxis to take you back to the city when you are finished with your jump.
What to expect on the day?
- On my arrival at the specified check-in time, I proceed to the registration desk
- I am introduced to my instructor and given a safety briefing and equipment check. A camera flyer accompanied us. Here I want to add this, tandem Sky dive will give photographs and standard edited video of our experience within 48 hours of completing skydive. You can also pay 100 AED to receive an Instagram-friendly video of skydive. This 1-minute edited video features all the highlights of your tandem skydive – perfect for sharing (and bragging about it) with friends and family as soon as you receive it.
- You will be escorted to the boarding area for a pre-boarding safety check and photos
- See astounding aerial views of the Palm Jumeirah Island/ Desert and surrounding areas on the way up, and then they take a short interview
- The plane reaches exit altitude. Here we (me, instructor, and camera flyer) exit the plane and free fall
- At 6,000 feet, our parachute deployed and a 4-5 minute parachute ride down
- The camera flyer interview me again to record my reaction.
Things to remember before sky diving
- Wear athletic and comfortable clothes, sneakers/sports shoes during this activity.
- You must be 12 years old or older (according to the Gregorian calendar) on the day of your skydive. If you are between 12 to 17 years of age, you must check-in with your parent or legal guardian on the day of your skydive.
- Weight and BMI limit for female divers weight should be 90.0 kg/ 198.0 lbs or less. BMI: 27.5 or less. and in case of Men, weight should be 100.0 kg/220 lbs or less. BMI: 30.0 or less.
- Participants must pay attention to the guidelines given by the instructor before and during the activity.
- Pregnant women are not allowed for this activity.
- Participants are not allowed to carry any sharp object, lighter, alcohol, knife, etc.
- Participants are not allowed to be under influence of drugs or alcohol 24 hours prior to the activity.
- Do not scuba dive 24 hours before the date of your tandem skydive.
- If a person is 60 years old or older on the day of the Skydive, a doctor’s certificate will be needed before skydiving if any client suffers from or has previously suffered from any of the medical conditions and also fill out the Declaration of Fitness form.
- Any personal expenses or items of personal nature will not be included in the Skydive Dubai package.
Love this adventurous experience. Dont worry we will book it for you too! Click on the link to contact us.
Just select Dubai packages and we will plan memorable trip for you.